The internal website (which you are currently reading) is mainly meant for current JCR members. Feel free to have a look around to get a more detailed understanding of the JCR before you get here, but for a more general overview of Van Mildert and its JCR please head to the external website at www.mildert.co.uk/external/
Van Mildert (or Mildert) has a reputation as one of the friendliest and most diverse colleges in Durham.
Without further ado - ten reasons you should come to Mildert:
1. We are an extremely open and friendly community, there are enough of us and a large enough variety of things to do that you will always find something to get involved in!
2. We have the best college bar in Durham (Best Bar None 2010). A pint of Coke costs 50p, and the TV is 60" wide. Boom.
3. College is a five minute walk from the University Library and the Science site.
4. Nobody has to share a room, ever. Loads of Bailey colleges make you share in first year :(
5. We put on some of the best student-run events: a fashion show, a music festival, and summer balls headlined by the likes of The Holloways, Hadouken!, and B*Witched.
6. There's a library, a gym, a music recording studio, a grand piano, and the biggest dining hall in the University.
7. We have a sports team (including 6 football teams) for nearly every sport you can imagine. And if we don't have one for your sport, you can set one up!
8. Every single meal is cooked for you, including brunch on Saturday mornings
10. We have a lake, with ducks.
Again, for more information please visit www.mildert.co.uk/external/